How to pray and how you can help
Please pray for new Bible Institute!
For a big project like building, developing and running a Bible school, we are immensely grateful for your prayers!
Currently, the EGCT's Bible Institute, "L'Institute Biblique et Théologique Tyrannus" is still very small. There are currently 5 students and classes take place only in the evenings. So we face a huge task and prayer is essential! After all: "Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it" (Psalm 127:1)
But there are hundreds of little churches and fellowships in Togo with pastors who sometimes received almost no teaching at all. In addition, in many churches there is a lot of doctrinal confusion, even about the most fundamental Biblical truths such as salvation, through gracious faith in Christ alone! So the need is great. But our Lord Jesus Himself gives us the command for prayer and He puts it this way: "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." (Luke 10:2). This verse is a powerful plea for prayer for the following specific points!
- We ask prayer for further fundraising and construction of the building.
- We pray that the new building will become well known in the region and that God will call young men eager to come and study there.
- Alexandre hopes to start an online 'Master's programme' which will eventually be needed for the Institute's accreditation. We ask your prayers for God's guidance in choosing where he could pursue this.
- In time, a qualified Togolese or foreign teacher will also be needed... we ask you to pray with us that God will provide for this too!
Please help us build
- So at present, the first thing we are looking for are finances to complete the building. Anyone wishing to contribute can do so by transferring a one-off donation to our Project account on the UFM website. Please indicate it is for the: Togo Building Project
- God Willing, from the 22nd of June till the 13th of September we will be on furlough! We would love to be able to come and share about our work in Togo. Please let us know if you would like to invite us!